- A growing community just 15 miles northwest of Bend, surrounded by ample opportunities for outdoor recreation.
- Endless miles of trails attract hikers and mountain bikers.
- Fish year round at nearby lakes and reservoirs.
- Winter recreation includes Alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, snowmobiling, and snowboarding.
The endless variety of Redmond, Oregon activities keeps both locals and visitors busy every season of the year. Surrounded by mountains, lakes, rivers, forests, and wilderness areas, it’s a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Climbing – Smith Rock State Park, just northeast of Redmond, boasts world class rock climbing. Over 1800 climbing routes make it one of the most popular climbing destinations in the country. There are also many Cascade peaks not far from Redmond that attract avid climbers as well.
- Fishing – Redmond is not far from several lakes, rivers, and reservoirs that make it a great place for avid anglers. Cast your line for trout, salmon, steelhead, bass and crappie.
- Mountain Biking and Hiking – There are endless miles of trails in nearby forests, grassland, and wilderness areas just waiting to be explored by hikers and bikers.
- Whitewater Rafting – The Deschutes River has some of the best whitewater rapids in Oregon. If you’re new to the sport, professional guides can take you on a thrilling adventure.
- Golf – Central Oregon is home to many beautiful, award-winning golf courses.
- Skiing and Snowboarding – With Mt. Bachelor Ski Resort and Hoodoo Ski Area just a few miles away, skiers and boarders can enjoy some of the best powder in the state for several months of the year. There is also ample opportunity near Redmond for cross-country and backcountry skiing.
- Snowmobiling – There are several places near Redmond to enjoy snowmobiling on groomed and ungroomed trails during the winter, including 850 miles of snowmobile trails in the Deschutes National Forest.
- Ice Fishing – East of Redmond avid anglers can ice fish at Prineville Reservoir and Ochoco Reservoir. Some of the Cascade lakes are also good ice fishing locations.