- Enjoy of day of power boating in high desert country at Prineville Reservoir east of Bend.
- Go sailing on Elk Lake while you enjoy spectacular views of the Three Sisters and Mt. Bachelor.
- Navigate challenging whitewater rapids on the Deschutes River.
- Rent a paddle boat or fishing boat at beautiful Diamond Lake, deep in the Umpqua National Forest.
During the summer, boating is a popular pastime in and around Bend during the summer. Many beautiful lakes and reservoirs give boaters ample opportunity to spend the day on the water. Take yourself out on the water or hire an experienced guide for an exciting adventure. No matter your preference – motor boating, sailing, kayaking, or something else – you’ll be able to find the perfect place to launch your watercraft and enjoy the breathtaking beauty of Central Oregon.
Where to go Boating
- Elk Lake – This afternoon winds on this beautiful lake make it perfect for sailing while you take in spectacular views of the Three Sisters and Mt. Bachelor. Visitors can rent boats by the hour including paddle boats, canoes, and motor boats.
- Prineville Reservoir – This reservoir east of Bend in Central Oregon’s high desert is a very popular place for power boats in the summer, as there are no speed restrictions.
- Diamond Lake – Boasting beautiful views of Mt. Thielsen and the surrounding Umpqua National Forest, Diamond Lake is a great lake for all types of summer boating. Visitors can rent fishing boats, paddle boats, patio boats, bumper boats, kayaks, and canoes.
- Big Lake – Over 225 surface acres of water make this lake a great place for motor boating and water skiing on a hot summer day.
- Lake Billy Chinook – Located north of Bend on the edge of beautiful Cove Palisades State Park, this large reservoir attracts many avid boaters during the summer and early fall.
- Cultus Lake – One of a few Cascade Lakes west of Bend that allows high speed motor boats, Cultus Lake is a popular water skiing destination. It is also a great lake for sailing.
- Deschutes River – Boasting excellent whitewater rapids, this Central Oregon river attracts many rafters and kayakers.
Guided Tours & Rental
Before you head out for a day on the water in or near Bend, be sure to check out the various boating tours, guides, and outfitters listed on this web page.