- Located on the east bank of the Deschutes River next to Bend’s downtown sector.
- Spend a relaxing afternoon strolling along the river or having a picnic.
- A scenic location for a variety of community events including concerts, festivals, and a farmers’ market.
- Within walking distance of a variety of shops, galleries, and restaurants.
Locals and visitors alike enjoy beautiful Drake Park, located next to downtown Bend. Covering 13 acres, Drake Park came about in 1921. The goal was to protect this stretch of land along the Deschutes River from becoming developed. Ever since that time the park has been the location for a variety of fun community events each year. With its beautifully maintained lawn surrounded by Ponderosa pines and a variety of other trees, Drake Park is a popular venue for a picnic, a stroll along the river, or a relaxing afternoon outdoors.
Location and Information
Drake Park is located on the east bank of the Deschutes River, right next to the downtown sector of Bend on NW Riverside Blvd.
Contact Information: Park & Recreation District - Bend Metro, 200 NW Pacific Park Ln, Bend, OR 97701. Phone: 541-389-7275.
- Shopping & Dining – Within walking distance from the park you’ll find a huge variety of specialty shops, boutiques, restaurants, coffee shops, and galleries.
- Deschutes River Trail – The Pioneer Reach section of this scenic trail passes through Drake Park. Perfect for an afternoon stroll or jog this stretch of the trail ends in McKay Park.
- Events – A variety of events are held at Drake Park each year, including concerts, plays, an annual duck race, and a farmers’ market where you can buy fresh local produce.
- A pair of swans that can be seen floating on the water at Mirror Pond, a wide part of the Deschutes River adjacent to Drake and several other parks, are from the Queen of England’s swannery.
- The park has several amenities, including bike racks, restrooms, picnic tables, an outdoor stage, and a viewing area for Mirror Pond. It is also wheelchair accessible.