Gliding and twirling on a smooth sheet of ice is a thrilling experience, and when you visit Bend during the winter you’ll have plenty of opportunity to skate at two beautiful rinks just minutes away.
- Enjoy an afternoon or evening skating at two of Oregon’s nicest outdoor rinks just minutes from Bend.
- Skate on beautiful outdoor rinks surrounded by towering Ponderosa pines while you breathe the crisp winter air.
- Rental skates are available if you don’t have your own pair.
- Take figure skating lessons from a professional instructor.
Ice skating is a popular winter activity in Bend for both locals and visitors. Two beautiful outdoor ice skating rinks are located just minutes from town, offering hours of fun for the entire family. Whether you’re a novice putting on skates for the first time, or a seasoned skater with years of experience, ice skating in Central Oregon will provide a memorable experience.
Where to go Ice Skating
- Bend – Just outside of Bend as you head towards Mt. Bachelor you’ll find a beautiful outdoor skating rink at a popular resort. One of Oregon’s finest, this rink is open to the public during the winter months every afternoon, and during the evening every day except Wednesday. If you don’t have your own skates you can rent a pair at the rink. Figure skating lessons are available for all skill levels.
- Sunriver - Just a few miles south of Bend in the resort community of Sunriver is another outdoor skating rink. Surrounded by towering Ponderosa pines, you’ll enjoy the crisp winter air as you glide across the glassy ice. This beautiful rink is open daily throughout the winter. Rental skates are available if you don’t have your own.